Sunday, June 5, 2011

Here I Go!


Tomorrow is my first official Paleo day! I have been preparing, returning food and going through recipes.

I returned my "non-Paleo" food items to TJ's yesterday, the manager asked me why I was returning so much stuff and I told him I was starting Paleo on Monday...He knew what I was talking about and he was stoked for me. I was in and out within 30 minutes. Cool, huh?



Tonight I returned groceries and shopped at Smith's grocery for over 2 1/2 hours. I left the house at 6:30 and got back to the house at 9:30. Talk about a long shopping trip. The cashier had to hand enter in every item and look at every receipt. I took an hour this morning going through every receipt and seperating all items into bags according to receipt. Pretty nice of me, huh? It still took forever! The woman was very nice about everything and kept apologizing about taking so long, I was just happy that they took it all back. I got back over $110, so I think that was well worth the time.

This morning, I cleaned my fridge (it needed a whole lot of elbow grease). I feel so much better that is done. Tonight, I sprayed my oven to clean it and get it ready for all of the baking it is going to be doing soon. My crock pot is going right now with my beef stew. Here is what I put in it:

2.5 lbs beef
8 pieces of TJ's Turkey Bacon (I love this stuff!)
1 white onion
1/2 pkg grape tomatoes
1 pkg baby portobello's, sliced
1 snack pack of baby carrots (leftover and needed to use them)
2 heads of broccoli (trees only, not the stems)
1 stalk of celery, sliced thin

Low for 8 hours. When I wake up, my house will smell so yummy. This recipe should last me for quite a few days. I will put some in the fridge and freeze the rest.

I also purchased a whole chicken to do another crock pot recipe (to come) and items to make "Egg Cupcakes" from Sarah Fragoso's book, "Everyday Paleo".

I am excited. I found out a friend has been on the Paleo Diet for quite a few months and is loving it. She said that she has never felt this good. All of the positive comments that I am hearing are really getting me excited.

Tomorrow morning, I need to take pictures of myself before I start my new journey.

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment