Friday, July 8, 2011

10 Pounds and 8 1/2 Inches Outta Here!

I weighed and measured myself on July 3 (4 weeks after I started Paleo), I am down 10 pounds and have lost (and I do not want to find them again) 8.5 inches.

Here are comparable measurements (in parenthesis is measurements from July 3)

Weight 210 (200)
Neck 13 1/2 (13 1/4)
Bust 43 (42)
Arm 14 (13 1/2)
Waist 39 1/2 (39)
Hips 49 1/2 (47) 2 1/2 inches on my hips
Thigh 30 1/2 (29) 1 1/2 inches on each thigh
Calf 16 3/4 (16 1/2)
Wrist 6 1/2 (6 1/2)

This is strict Paleo, I just started working out July 2. No workouts during my 30 days, just focusing on the food.

Crossfit...AWESOME! I have been 3 times this week and love it! Saturday am was a group class: 100 box jumps, 100 knees to elbows, 100 jumping pull-ups and 15 walking lunges across parking lot and sprints back. There were 4 people in my group so we each did 25, 25, 25 and 4. I love the group class because you are pulling for your "team". It was fun.

Yesterday afternoon I went to a preview one-on-one with one of the trainers. Since I have been a part of Crossfit before, I did not have to do the 3 class intro "preheat". The trainer said that I was "solid" in my technique. Yeah!

This morning at 5 am I woke up, got dressed and went to Crossfits 6 am class. Warm-up was great because we worked with kettlebells. I have been working out with kettlebells since about 2000. They are great! All around workout - cardio and weights combined into one. After that, we did Max Clean & Jerk. I maxed on 85#. Nice! I had told myself and the trainer last night that I was just going to do the warm-up. I did the whole circuit, yeah me, first real workout in 11 months! After the max clean and jerk, we did a circuit of kettlebell swings and sit-ups. 21-15-9, I finished last but I still completed it in 4 minutes.

After work today, I am going to Trader Joes to get some ingredients for more Egg Cupcakes from Sarah Fragoso's Everyday Paleo book and Egg Houses from her book as well and a ground turkey stew from the Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly cookbook by Phyllis Pellman Good. I love my crockpot! It has been getting a workout since I started this diet. The crockpot has really worked out for me since I leave for work at 7:30 in the am and sometimes do not get home until 8 or later in the evening. I just pull two of my meals out of the freezer the night before and let it defrost for my lunch and evening meals. I try to make 2-3 different meals each weekend so I have some variety during my work week.

New Bloodwork next week to compare from before I started Paleo and about 6 weeks after.

I will take new measurements in about 3 weeks!

Talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment